Both Nokia and Huawei are calling in the last two decades, but we never got the chance to compare our phones with each other because they had a big difference. But now, finally, we have Huawei P20 Lite, a mid-range smartphone and probably a good opponent of Nokia 7 Plus. Therefore, we are putting these two handsets against each other to see which is a better option.
I’ve been using both smartphones for more than 3 weeks and I can definitely say that I like them. Both smartphones are good mid-rangeers. The cost of Nokia 7 Plus is ₹ 25,999, while the price of Huawei P20 Lite is ₹ 19,999.
Design and Build Quality
• Both smartphones are beautifully designed. Nokia 7 Plus is a metallic metal made of aluminum 6000 series, while the Huawei P20 Lite is fully made of glass.
• While the Nokia 7 Plus is sturdy and strong, the Huwei P20 Lite is fragile but beautiful.
• The Huawei P20 has notched display which makes it even more beautiful. The Nokia 7 Plus, on the other hand, doesn’t have a notch.
Display, UI and OS
• Both have IPS LCD display however Nokia 7 Plus’ display size is a bit bigger.
• Both smartphones’ display is bright, sharp and shows realistic colors.
• With full HD resolution, both smartphones’ display does reflect under direct sunlight.
• What’s the major difference between their displays is that the Huawei P20 Lite has notch and that’s why it has 19:9 aspect ratio display. The Nokia 7 Plus, on the other hand, has 18:9 display.
• Talking about the OS, both Android go on Oreo, though Nokia 7 Plus has stock Android, so it gets faster updates from Huawei P20 Lite.
• In terms of UI, the Nokia 7 Plus is simple. The Huawei P20 Lite, on the other hand, has customizes skin which might be confusing for few people.
Gaming and Performance
• Both smartphones have different processors with different graphics setup.
• Starting with benchmark scores, the Nokia 7 Plus left the Huawei P20 Lite behind with flying colors.
• On the 3-D mark Benchmark, the score of Nokia 7 Plus was 3 times higher than the Huawei P20 Lite.
• Even on the GeekBench, the Nokia 7 Plus scored almost double of that on Huawei P20 Lite.
• Both smartphones work smoothly if you’re doing multi-tasking or using normal social media apps but when it comes to switch between heavy apps, the Huawei P20 Lite stuttered here and there.
• There were no issues whatsoever while playing Shadow Fight 3, PUBG Mobile, Asphalt Nitro and FZ9: Timeshift – Legacy of War on both handsets.
• But in terms of graphics, I am not happy with Huawei P20 Lite. Graphics rendering is just average and I often saw frame drops. The Nokia 7 Plus, in contrast, is way better than the Huawei P20 Lite and handles the graphics well.
• Both smartphones heat very quickly. The temperature rose several degrees up while 30 minutes of gaming.
• 30 minutes of continuous gaming took 14% of battery on Huawei P20 Lite while it took just 10 percent on Nokia 7 Plus, thanks to its BIG.LITTLE technology.
• In terms of daylight photography, both smartphones are good. Both capture photos with good color accuracy, details and sharpness.
• But as soon as you turn the HDR mode on, you will start seeing differences between them. While the HDR Mode on Nokia 7 Plus brings more details and color accuracy, it doesn’t do much on Huawei P20 Lite other than sharpening the images.
• And now comes the bokeh mode where both smartphones perform more or less similar. They effectively blur the background while keeping the primary object in focus.
• Coming to the lowlight performance, the Nokia 7 Plus is definitely better than the Huawei P20 Lite. Samples taken from Nokia 7 Plus have better sharpness, details and color accuracy than those on Huawei P20 Lite.
• Even HDR mode in lowlight condition doesn’t help Huawei P20 Lite that much. HDR samples from Huawei P20 Lite with bright but lacks details and light part is overexposed. The Nokia 7 Plus, on the other hand, maintains sharpness, details and color accuracy.
• While the Huawei P20 Lite packs 3000 mAh battery, the Nokia7 Plus has a bigger 3,800 mAh battery.
• Both smartphones support fast charging however, the Nokia7 Plus’ fast charging seems to be working better than that on Huwei P20 Lite.
• It took me few minutes over 2 hours to completely charge battery of Huawei P20 Lite whereas the Nokia 7 Plus just takes few minutes over 1 hour to fully charge the battery.
• Talking about usage, the Huwei P20 Lite easily lasts a day during normal usage. The Nokia 7 Plus, on the other hand, stays alive for more than 36 hours.
• During medium use, the Huawei P20 Lite is not more than 14-15 hours, while the Nokia 7 Plus lasts 24 hours.
• But when you are using heavy, the permanent time decreases by 4-5 hours on Huawei P20 lights. On the contrary, Nokia 7 Plus lasts for 7 hours.
First of all, I would like to say that both smartphones are worth their price. They are the best in their price segment. But in comparison, the winner is Nokia 7 Plus. It is dominating Huawei P20 Lite in almost every segment. Whether we talk about camera, display or battery, Nokia7 plus hauwei P20 lite beat.
Also Read : Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications